- "Eat Your Heart Out" - Flora first shows up in the episode "Eat Your Heart Out" (February 28, 1966) as the new waitress in Mayberry who has a crush on Andy Taylor while Goober has a crush on her. Flora's infatuation with Sheriff Taylor complicates his relationship both with Goober and with Helen Crump until he is able to convince Flora that Goober is the fellow for her.
- "Goober's Replacement" - Next Flora offers to take Goober's place at Wally's Service Station when Goober goes fishing in "Goober's Replacement" (March 28, 1966). She is seen at the station wearing slacks, a work shirt with oil rag hanging out the pocket, a service cap and a money changer on her belt, and the comment is made that she looks good in slacks. When Goober returns from his trip, he discovers that Wally and his customers are quite happy with Flora and in no hurry for Goober to resume his duties. He also discovers Flora is more interested in making improvements at the station than she is in romance. It is up to Andy to convince Flora to save her relationship with Goober by stepping down to allow Goober to have his old job back.
- "Emmett's Anniversary","Emmett's Retirement" - In "Emmett's Anniversary" (February 26, 1968) and in "Emmett's Retirement" (Mayberry RFD, Episode 23 March 10, 1969) Flora appears as a friend of Emmett Clark's.
In all four episodes, Flora is shown to be a warm-hearted, slightly naive, young woman who works hard and strives to do a good job both as a waitress and at Wally's. Her warm-hearted naiveté makes her a suitable match for Goober. She is depicted as unselfish as she volunteers to help Goober at Wally's and then steps down from a job she enjoys to save that relationship. She is always helpful; it is Flora who assists Emmett in shopping for Martha when she takes Emmet to meet Bernie the Furrier in Mt. Pilot.
- Memorable Moments - Perhaps Flora's most memorable scenes are in "Eat Your Heart Out" where she swaps plates on two occasions to give a better portion to Andy.
- The musical score heard when Flora appears on-screen is "A Summer Place."
- Alberta Nelson also played the role of Barney's admirer Nettie Albright in "The Return of Barney Fife" Episode 176. January 10, 1966.
- At Mayberry events around the country there is a Flora Malherbe tribute artist.
The original story came from Alberta Nelson as Flora Malherbe.