Jailbreak (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 50
- Aired: 50
- Original Air Date: 1962/02/05
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Bob Sweeney
A team of convicts is on the loose, and the state police arrive ridiculing Sheriff Taylor and Barney. Andy cracks the case by focusing on the smallest details: a trailer hitch and an offhand remark by the dry cleaner about a suit with dog hairs. This leads to the convict's accomplice, but only after Barney somehow manages to let the one convict they have captured escape.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actress Rita Kenaston appeared in the classic film "The Days Of Wine And Roses".
- Actress Sally Mills appeared in the Elvis movie "Speedway".
- This episode marks the first appearance of Fred Goss the dry-cleaners owner.
- Busy character actor Allan Melvin made his first of eight appearances on TAGS. He is perhaps better known as Sgt. Charley Hacker on the TAGS spin-off, "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C."
- Allan Melvin was the voice of the animated cartoon character "Magilla Gorilla." The pet store owner, Mr. Peebles, was originally voiced by Mayberry's own Ernest T. Bass: Howard Morris.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Fred Sherman - Fred Goss
- Ken Lynch - Horton
- Frank Warren - Art
- Bob McQuain - newlywed man
- Sally Mills - newlywed woman
- Rita Kenaston - Malloy's partner
- Allan Melvin - Malloy