Goober Takes a Car Apart (TAGS Episode)
Goober Takes a Car Apart
- Filmed: 144
- Aired: 144
- Original Air Date: 1965/01/11
- Writer(s):Bill Idelson and Sam Bobrick
- Director: Peter Baldwin
Goober promises to mind the phone while Andy is away, but he gets tied up working on Gilly Walker's car. When both Andy and Gilly demand he live up to his promises, Goober decides to kill two birds with one stone by taking Gilly's car apart, reassembling it in the sheriff's office, and working on it there. Andy returns just in time for the test run and blows his stack. Before Goober can get the car outside again, some state patrolmen show up and mistake Goober's project for a clever car saftey exhibit.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Buck Young also appeared in 3 episodes of "Hogan's Heroes". Actor Larry Hovis, who appeared as Gilly Walker in this epiosde, starred in "Hogan's Heroes" as well.
- Very apparent in this episode is the practice of "covering" actor Howard McNear's footsteps due to his debilitating stroke. Floyd enters the courthouse and, after hearing him walk to Gilley Walker's car, he is shown sitting in the vehicle.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Larry Hovis - Gilly Walker
- Wally Englehardt - Sheriff Jackson
- Buck Young - Deputy Joe Watson
- Stanley Farrar - man #1
- Tom Jacobs - man