Shoplifters, The (TAGS Episode)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Filmed: 117
- Aired: 116
- Original Air Date: 1964/03/02
- Writer(s): Bill Idelson and Sam Bobrick
- Director: Coby Ruskin
The strange disappearance of merchandise from Weaver's Department Store has the Mayberry sheriff's office on a full alert. When all other tactics fail, Barney decides to go undercover as a store mannequin and he catches the thief.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Tol Avery was the second of three actors to play the role of Ben Weaver.
- Actress Lurene Tuttle was the mother-in-law of composer John Williams. She was on "The Red Skelton Show" for eight years. Red rewarded her with 8 fur coats, one for every year on the show. Tuttle also played Annabelle Silby in the episode Opie's Charity.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Tol Avery - Ben Weaver
- Charles P. Thompson - Asa Breeney
- Mary Lansing - 1st sporting goods shopper
- Clint Howard - Leon
- Lurene Tuttle - The Shoplifter
- Jewel Rose - dress shopper
- Elizabeth Harrower - 2nd sporting goods shopper