Man in a Hurry (TAGS Episode)
Man in a Hurry
- Filmed: 77
- Aired: 79
- Original Air Date: 1963/01/14
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Big businessman Malcolm Tucker is stuck in Mayberry for the Sabbath when his car breaks down outside the city limits. He's soon driven to frustration when he finds there is no way to get anything done in this two-bit town until the follownig day. After finally getting Gomer's cousin Goober to fix the car, Tucker gives in to the mood and decides to stay the night.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- On the date that this episode first aired, director Steven Soderbergh was born.
- Interesting to note that Malcom Tucker winds up in Mayberry due to a broken car needing Gomer and Goober. Three years later Willard Foster, of Foster's Furniture Polish arrives in the same way, also needing Goober's help. The Foster Lady's Willard (1966) and Man in a Hurry's Malcom (1963) are both Robert Emhardt.
- The Mendelbright sisters (Maude in Mayberry and Cora in Mt. Pilot) tie up the phone for 3 or 4 hours every Sunday afternoon.
- This episode marks the first appearance on FILM of Jim Nabors as "Gomer Pyle" but the episode didn't actually air (January 1, 1963) until after the episode The Bank Job (December 24, 1962}.
- This episode marks the first appearance of William Keene as Reverend Hobart M. Tucker.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Norman Leavitt - Wally
- Jim Nabors - Gomer Pyle
- Robert Emhardt - Malcolm Tucker
- William Keene - Reverend Tucker