Opie Flunks Arithmetic (TAGS Episode)
Opie Flunks Arithmetic
- Filmed: 157
- Aired: 157
- Original Air Date: 1965/04/19
- Writer(s): Richard Morgan
- Director: Coby Ruskin
When Opie does poorly in math, Andy overreacts and lords it over his son with an iron hand. Helen finally advises Andy that all work and no play is not the solution. Andy allows Opie to relax, enjoy himself, and be the best he can be.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This is the last episode in which the character Barney Fife appears as a Mayberry deputy. He appears in five more episodes before the series ends, but lives and works in Raleigh.
- This is the only episode that writer Richard Morgan wrote for the series. He later wrote several episodes of Ron Howard's next series "Happy Days".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump