Irresistible Andy (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 7
- Aired: 5
- Original Air Date: 1960/10/31
- Writer(s): David Adler
- Director: Don Weis
Andy gets himself in his first jam with the opposite sex when he wrongly assumes Ellie is out to trap herself a husband. Andy tries to foil her plot when he sends three eligible Mayberry bachelors her way, but Opie helps Ellie uncover Andy's scheme.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Andy calls Barney "The Adolphe Menjou of Mayberry" after he sees him all dressed up for the church picnic and dance. Menjou was voted Best Dressed Man in America nine times.
- Actor Robert Easton was a dialect/accent coach early in his career.
- This is the first time Barney is seen in his dapper Salt 'n' Pepper suit.
- A painting is seen on the wall to the left of the Taylor's dining table. It is titled, "The Angelus, 1859" by French artist Jean Francois Millet. This artwork will eventually occupy the space above the fireplace in the living room. For now, a deer head holds that position.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Elinor Donahue - Ellie Walker
- Harry Antrim - Fred Walker
- Bill Mulliken - Franklin Pomeroy
- Ray Lanier - Charlie Beasley
- Robert Easton - Pete Johnson