Darlings are Coming, The (TAGS Episode)
The Darlings are Coming
- Filmed: 88
- Aired: 88
- Original Air Date: 1963/03/18
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Bob Sweeney
This episode introduced the Darling family. Led by Briscoe, the clan comes to town to meet the bus carrying Charlene's beloved PFC Dudley A. Wash. Though they tend to get themselves into trouble, Andy tried his best to look the other way.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- The Dillards are a bluegrass quartet formed in 1960 by two brothers.
- This is the only episode in which the Darling boys speak.
- A single room (no bath) at the Mayberry Hotel is $1.75/night. A room with a bath costs $2.50/night.
- Briscoe Darling books room #27 at the Mayberry Hotel.
- Andy charges $2 to perform a wedding ceremony.
- This episode of the podcast was recorded live at the Mayberry Meet-up weekend at the Mayberry Motor Inn Mt. Airy, NC (July 2016).
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Denver Pyle - Briscoe Darling
- Margaret Ann Peterson - Charlene Darling
- The Dillards - The Darling boys
- Olan Soule - John Masters
- Hoke Howell - Dudley A. Wash
- Old Joseph
- Doug's Tune (called "Slimy River Bottom" in this episode.)
- Cold Trailin'
- Hickory Hollow
- Banjo In The Hollow (called "Tearin Up Your Old Clothes For Rags" in this episode)
- Salty Dog