Barney Gets His Man (TAGS Episode)
Barney Gets His Man
- Filmed: 30
- Aired: 30
- Original Air Date: 1961/05/08
- Writer(s): Ben Gershman and Leo Solomon
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Barney accidentally nabs bad-guy bank robber Eddie Brooks while issuing him a ticket for littering. Brooks tries to escape after spotting state troopers, but the troopers get their man. Before Brooks is carted off, he makes a point of promising revenge on the bumbling deputy responsible for his capture. Brooks manages to escape and is last seen making a beeline to Mayberry. Andy orchestrates Brooks's recapture, tricking Barney into firing his gun (directly at Andy), which induces Brooks to surrender.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- In this episode at 2 minutes and 22 seconds, as the State Patrol spots if you look at the building in the background you will see a sign that reads, "Waverly Malt and Hops Corp". Nothing unusual except that Mayberry is supposed to be in a dry county.
- At 2 minutes and 30 seconds the patrol car is passing in front of a drug store, then about 5 seconds later they are passing in front of the same building but now there is a car parked in front. A white 1961 Ford .
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Betty Lynn - Thelma Lou
- Barney Phillips - Eddie Brooke
- Mike Steen - Sgt. Miller
- Bob McQuain - Sgt. Johnson
- Burt Mustin - bystander
- Joseph Hamilton - bystander
- Norman Leavitt - coffee shop owner