A Wife for Andy (TAGS Episode)
A Wife for Andy
- Filmed: 92
- Aired: 92
- Original Air Date: 1963/04/15
- Writer(s): Aaron Ruben
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Andy and Helen become an item, but not before Barney has his say. Determined to find Andy a wife, Barney parades every eligible female in town through Andy's living room. Andy, though, wants nothing to do with any of them ... until he meets Helen Crump. She, of course, doesn't meet with Barney's approval.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actress Janet Waldo provided the voice of "Judy Jetson" and "Penelope Pitstop" in cartoons.
- Actress Rachel Ames has the distinction of being the longest-running performer on ABC Daytime's longest-running daytime drama, "General Hospital", which she joined on February 23, 1964, less than a year after the program's first air date.
- Lorraine Beasley - the name of Andy Griffith's first cousin. She married Earlie Gilley (also mentioned on TAGS).
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Betty Lynn - Thelma Lou
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Barbara Perry - Lavinia
- Janet Waldo - Amanda
- Rachel Ames - Rosemary (3rd girl to arrive)
- Janet Stewart - Lorraine Beasley