Andy and Helen Have Their Day (TAGS Episode)
Andy and Helen Have Their Day
- Filmed: 140
- Aired: 140
- Original Air Date: 1964/12/14
- Writer(s): Bill Idelson and Sam Bobrick
- Director: Howard Morris
When Andy and Helen realize they are so busy they don't have time for each other, Barney decides to give them the gift of a day alone together. Promising to take care of all their chores, Barney sends them for a Saturday picnic at Myers Lake. It goes very well--for the first two minutes. Then Barney shows up with the first of many problems. Andy eventually gets hauled away by a game warden for fishing without a license. Andy calls Barney to ask him to bring money to a neighboring town's justice of the peace to pay the fine. Barney misunderstands the message and thinks Andy and Helen are about to tie the knot.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This is the first appearance of Howard Morris, and the only time he played this character, George the TV repairman. He is better known as Ernest T. Bass, a zany, rock-throwing mountain man who usually wreaks havoc when he comes into town. He also directed this episode.
- George Lindsey's name is misspelled in the closing credits as "Lindsay".
- Colin Male, the game warden in this episode, was the voice over announcer for the TAGS opening credits.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Howard Morris - George, the TV repairman
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Colin Male - Agent Peterson / Wormser