Church Benefactors, The (TAGS Episode)
The Church Benefactors
- Filmed: 238
- Aired: 239
- Original Air Date: 1968/01/22
- Writer(s): Robert C. Dennis and Earl Barret
- Director: Lee Phillips
The church members struggle with the choice of how $500 endowed to the church should be spent. The choice comes down to new choir robes or the repair of the church foundation. Just after the Finance Committee decides in favor of spending the money on repairs, Howard comes in with a compromise that allows for both.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This episode first aired on January 22, 1968, the 34th birthday of TAGS alum actor Bill Bixby.
- This episode marked the final appearance of the character "Elmo".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Paul Hartman - Emmett Clark
- Jack Dodson - Howard Sprague
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Hope Summers - Clara Edwards
- Mary Lansing - Martha Clark
- William Keene - Reverend Tucker
- Vince Barnett - Elmo