Haunted House, The (TAGS Episode)
The Haunted House
- Filmed: 98
- Aired: 97
- Original Air Date: 1963/10/07
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Earl Bellamy
Opie loses his baseball in the old Remshaw House and is scared off by what he thinks are ghosts. Andy sends Barney out to fetch the ball. Barney forces Gomer to come with him, and they are both scared away by what they, too, believe are ghosts. Andy takes the two of them to the house and discovers the true spook is a moonshiner who has rigged up the house to keep people away.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This episode may have been the inspiration for the Don Knotts movie "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" and certainly brings to mind Mr. Knotts performance in the movie.
- This is the only appearance by actor Nestor Paiva, who plays the moonshiner. His wife Maxine was once Howard Hughes' secretary.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Jim Nabors - Gomer Pyle
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Ronnie Dapo - boy with baseball
- Nestor Paiva - Big Jack Anderson
- James Seay - Agent Boughton