Barbershop Quartet, The (TAGS Episode)
The Barbershop Quartet
- Filmed: 191
- Aired: 192
- Original Air Date: 1966/09/26
- Writer(s): Fred S. Fox
- Director: Alan Rafkin
Howard gets laryngitis right before the big Mount Pilot Sheriff's Annual Barbershop Quartet Sing-off. Desperate for a tenor, Andy discovers that Jeff Nelson, his current prisoner, may be the most gifted singer to come to Mayberry since Gomer left town. Andy decides to take a chance on his prisoner, who has a rabbit's urge to run. Andy regrets his decision when the prisoner escapes through the backstage bathroom window. He returns, however, after a hobo praises Sheriff Taylor, and Andy's quartet wins over rival Sheriff Wilson.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Hamilton Camp has dubious distinction of being a cast member on two of television's biggest failures: both 1969's "Turn-On" and 1979's "Co-ed Fever" were cancelled after only 1 episode.
- Actor Vernon Rich was in the 1953 movie "The War Of The Worlds".
- Actor Ken Mayer appeared in the classic film, "Little Big Man".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Jack Dodson - Howard Sprague
- Hamilton Camp - Jeff Nelson
- Burt Mustin - Burt/Jud
- Blackie Hunt - Wally
- Sam Edwards - Tom Bedlow
- Vernon Rich - Mr. Johnston
- Harry Arnie - Kelly
- Ken Mayer - Sheriff Blake Wilson