Family Visit (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 129
- Aired: 130
- Original Air Date: 1964/10/05
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Howard Morris
Aunt Bee invites her sister Nora and brother-in-law Ollie for a visit. They show up with their rotten kids, and Andy tries his best to act pleasantly. Ollie pushes Andy to the limit when, after keeping him awake all night, he insults a citizen and then takes the squad car fishing. Ollie hears a report of an escaped convict on the loose and then brags that he would like to get his hands on the crooks. Andy plots to call his bluff. Andy phones Ollie from the courthouse and tells him the criminal has been spotted near Mayberry. Andy says that he will pick up Ollie and take him on the manhunt. Within seconds, Ollie, Nora, and the kids are packed and gone.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- When Andy runs out of the courthouse and asks to borrow Floyd's car, Floyd says that the transmission is being repaired. Aside from this being a classic Floyd scene, Floyd's car (from Convicts at Large) is clearly visible, parked on the street.
- Actor Keith Thibodeaux, billed as "Richard Keith" in 7 TAGS episodes, started playing drums at the age of two. He began touring the United States at the age of three and ended up in Hollywood, California, auditioning for Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball's popular comedy "I Love Lucy". He landed the role of Little Ricky. While attending the University of Louisiana, Keith joined a mainstream rock band, "David and the Giants" as a drummer, singer, and songwriter. He left the band several years later but after Keith became a Christian, the band regrouped under the same name and went on to become one of the nation's top contemporary Christian bands. Keith and the band toured the world, recording more than a dozen albums before he left in 1989.
- Actor Forrest Lewis appeared in 7 episodes of TAGS. Most famously, he appeared as Cy Hudgins, the owner of Jimmy "The Loaded Goat".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Maudie Prickett - Aunt Nora
- James Westerfield - Uncle Ollie
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Forrest Lewis - Mr. Mundt
- Billy Booth - Roger
- Richard Keith - Johnny Paul Jason
- Kenneth Butts - Bruce