A Plaque for Mayberry (TAGS Episode)
A Plaque for Mayberry
- Filmed: 25
- Aired: 25
- Original Air Date: 1961/04/03
- Writer(s): Ben Gershman and Leo Solomon
- Director: Bob Sweeney
After discovering the descendant of a local Revolutionary War hero sought for a commendation by the Women's Historical Society is none other than Otis Campbell, the mayor and town council pressure Andy to tell Otis he is no longer getting the award. Andy stands by his friend, and Otis comes through with flying colors.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Andy says to Barney, "I thought your middle name was Oliver." This was the only time "Oliver" was used as Barney's middle name.
- Actress Carol Veazie was born in Canada.
- Actress Isabel Randolph portrayed "Mrs. Abigail Uppington" on NBC Radio's "Fibber McGee and Molly" during the thirties and forties.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Dick Elliott - Mayor Pike
- Isabel Randolph - Harriet Bixby
- Dorothy Neumann - Rita Campbell
- Carol Veazie - Mrs. Wicks
- Burt Mustin - Jud
- Joseph Hamilton - councilman
- Joseph Crehan - councilman