Church Organ, The (TAGS Episode)
The Church Organ
- Filmed: 174
- Aired: 173
- Original Air Date: 1965/12/13
- Writer(s): Paul Wayne
- Director: Lee Phillips
Clara pleads for a new organ for the church, and Andy gets the locals to pledge money to buy one from a local farmer. The only problem is that nobody honors his or her pledge. Just when buying the organ appears hopeless, Clara plays a seductive song for the widower who is selling it and the man decides to donate it to the church.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- The role of "Harlan Robinson", the organ owner, was played by Woodrow Chambliss, who also played the role of "Orville Hendricks", who was Aunt Bee's "Invisible Beau" in Episode 154.
- Delos Jewkes was the voice of God in Cecil B. DeMille's "The Ten Commandments".
- Actor Bert Remsen broke his back in 1964 when an 84-foot crane toppled on the television set of "No Time for Sergeants." He recovered and later returned to acting, appearing in the Kevin Costner film "The Bodyguard".
- The 4 songs that are played in this episode: Love Lifted Me, Everlasting Arms, One Enchanted Evening, and Bringing In The Sheaves
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Jack Burns - Warren Ferguson
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Hope Summers - Clara Edwards
- Woodrow Chambliss - Harlan Robinson
- William Keene - Reverend Tucker
- Bert Remsen - Jim Slater
- Pitt Herbert - Rudy
- Robert B. Williams - Sam
- Delos Jewkes - Glenn Cripe