My Fair Ernest T. Bass (TAGS Episode)
My Fair Ernest T. Bass
- Filmed: 113
- Aired: 112
- Original Air Date: 1964/02/03
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Earl Bellamy
Andy tries to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear when he takes it upon himself to turn Ernest T. into a presentable gentleman. The big test comes at Mrs. Wiley's weekly reception when Andy tries to pass him off as his cousin. Even Andy is surprised at E.T.'s progress when Mrs. Wiley places his accent as being definitely Back Bay Bostonian, but the whole scheme blows up when Bass smashes a vase over the head of a man who won't allow him to cut in for a dance with his chosen woman.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actress Doris Packer appeared in the movie "Shampoo." Among her hundreds of appearances was the role of Mrs. Rayburn, the principal of Beavers' elementary school in "Leave it to Beaver."
- Actress Jackie Joseph was once married to TAGS actor Ken Berry.
- While at Mrs. Wiley's party, the music played for the tag dance is "Poor Butterfly" which was also played as Naomi and her husbands song in Convicts at Large.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Howard Morris - Ernest T. Bass
- Doris Packer - Mrs. Wiley
- Jackie Joseph - Ramona Ankrum
- undetermined - Mr. Schwamp