Mayberry Band, The (TAGS Episode)
The Mayberry Band
- Filmed: 72
- Aired: 71
- Original Air Date: 1962/11/19
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Mayor Stoner strikes again, revoking funds allocated for the Mayberry Band's annual trip to the state band competition. He changes his mind after the band performs a special concert for his benefit -- with a little help from Freddy Fleet and his band.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Joseph Sirola was once a case worker for the New York City Department of Welfare before becoming perhaps the most successful "voice-over" actor in the history of the profession. His voice has been heard in scores of adverts since the 1960's and one cannot listen to a radio or watch a television in a major market without hearing his distinctive voice.
- Actor Parley Baer is the voice of "Ernie Keebler" on the Keebler cookies commercials.
- Merle, a Mayberry town councilman, chairs the Dance Committee for the Apricot Blossom Festival.
- Barney bought his Andre Kastelonitz Marchers from Cymbal City in Chicago. He paid $18.50.
- Floyd Lawson is a founding member of the Mayberry Town Band.
- Prices at Floyd's Barbershop: Haircut ($1.75), Flat Top ($2.00), Butch ($2.00), Shampoo ($.75), Shave ($.50), Tonics ($.25 extra).
- - Podcast about The Mayberry Band
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Parley Baer - Mayor Roy Stoner
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Thom Carney - Burly Peters
- Joseph Sirola - Freddy Fleet
- Norman Leavitt - Ralph
- William Eben Stephens - Phil Sunkel
- Burt Mustin - Jubal
- Sherwood Keith - Merle
- Frank Levya - Carl