Aunt Bee the Juror (TAGS Episode)
Aunt Bee, the Juror
- Filmed: 223
- Aired: 226
- Original Air Date: 1967/10/23
- Writer(s): Kent Wilson
- Director: Lee Phillips
Aunt Bee is called for jury duty and ends up chosen to sit for a case involving a department store burglary. On the surface it appears to be an open and shut case, but the accused, Marvin Jenkins, insists on his innocence. The entire jury, except Aunt Bee, is convinced of Marvin's guilt. In the end, Andy catches the real criminal, who is attending the trial.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This is the second appearance by Jack Nicholson on TAGS. In episode 202, "Opie Finds a Baby," he plays the father of an abandoned baby.
- Actor Emory Parnell was Helen's "Uncle Edward" in the TAGS season seven episode "Dinner At Eight".
- Actor Rhys Williams was born in Wales, UK.
- Actor Henry Beckman was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Actor Alan Dexter was born in The Republic Of Seychelles. an island nation located in the Indian Ocean.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Jack Nicholson - Marvin Jenkins
- Jim Begg - Charles Keyes
- Tom Palmer - defense attorney
- Rhys Williams - Judge Cranston
- Henry Beckman - Mr. Gilbert, the prosecutor
- Tol Avery - Jury Foreman
- Richard Chambers - Mr. Granger
- Pete Madsen - clerk
- Alan Dexter - juror
- Emory Parnell - juror
- Frederic Downs - juror
- Arthur Hansen - Mr. Smith