Aunt Bee, the Crusader (TAGS Episode)
Aunt Bee, the Crusader
- Filmed: 111
- Aired: 110
- Original Air Date: 1964/01/20
- Writer(s): John Whedon
- Director: Coby Ruskin
Aunt Bee champions the cause of a small farmer who has been forced to sell his farm to make way for a new highway. When Bee leads a group of ladies in a demonstration, Andy and Barney head out to break up the protest and stumble over a group of six stills Farmer Frisbee has hidden under the hen house.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Charles Lane was born on January 26, 1905 in San Francisco. He was actually one of the last survivors of that city's famous 1906 earthquake.
- Actress Noreen Gammill was a voice in Disney's 1941 classic "Dumbo".
- A keen eye will notice the prescence of fishing line attached to rooster Beauregards neck to cause the "blind staggers" of a drunken fowl. Obviously, PETA was not formed at this point in history.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Charles Lane - Mr. Frisby
- Mary Lansing - protester
- Noreen Gammill - protester