Andy and Opie's Pal (TAGS Episode)
Andy and Opie's Pal
- Filmed: 110
- Aired: 109
- Original Air Date: 1964/01/13
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Dick Crenna
Opie has a new best friend, Trey Bowden, but before long, friend becomes foe when Andy starts giving Trey some attention. Andy teaches the jealous Opie a lesson when he excludes Barney from their Saturday fishing date. When Opie sees how hurt Barney is, he learns the importance of sharing.
Odd Facts Known By Few
- Barney misspeaks in this episode. He states that Andy squired around the Apricot Queen on Saturday, June 23, 1952. According to a calendar website, June 23rd fell on a Monday that year, not on a Saturday.
- Actor Keith Thibodeaux, billed as "Richard Keith" in 7 TAGS episodes, started playing drums at the age of two. He began touring the United States at the age of three and ended up in Hollywood, California, auditioning for Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball's popular comedy "I Love Lucy". He landed the role of Little Ricky. While attending the University of Louisiana, Keith joined a mainstream rock band, "David and the Giants" as a drummer, singer, and songwriter. He left the band several years later but after Keith became a Christian, the band regrouped under the same name and went on to become one of the nation's top contemporary Christian bands. Keith and the band toured the world, recording more than a dozen albums before he left in 1989.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Richard Keith - Johnny Paul Jason
- Dennis Rush - Howie Pruitt
- David A. Bailey - Trey Bowden