Convicts at Large (TAGS Episode)
Convicts at Large
- Filmed: 74
- Aired: 74
- Original Air Date: 1962/12/10
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Barney and Floyd are held hostage by a gang of escaped female convicts who have been hiding in O'Malley's cabin outside of town. Andy, who spots Floyd (with one of the convicts)in town buying groceries, thinks they have a little party going on until O'Malley arrives back in town on the bus. Andy and O'Malley engineer a clever scheme and capture all but the ringleader, Big Maude, whom Barney manages to tango out the door and into cuffs.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actress Reta Shaw, who played "Big Maude Tyler", would later appear in Episode 116, "The Song Festers," as Barney's voice teacher "Eleanora Poultice".
- Actress Jane Dulo was in the Elvis movie "Roustabout".
- Naomi and her husbands song is Poor Butterfly. Later heard on My Fair Ernest T. Bass (20:10 mins) at Mrs. Wiley's.
- This was Howard McNear's last episode before suffering a stroke. He returned in the 1964 episode Divorce, Mountain Style
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Knotts - Barney Fife
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Reta Shaw - Big Maude Tyler
- Jane Dulo - Sally
- Jean Carson - Naomi Connors
- Willis Bouchey - Charlie O'Malley