Andy Discovers America (TAGS Episode)
Andy Discovers America
- Filmed: 86
- Aired: 86
- Original Air Date: 1963/03/04
- Writer(s): John Whedon
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Opie misunderstands a comment Andy makes at the breakfast table and tells his new teacher, "old Miss Crump," that according to his pa, history doesn't matter. Helen lays down the law to Sheriff Taylor and Andy responds with his own method of motivating Opie and his friends to study.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Keith Thibodeaux, billed as "Richard Keith" in 7 TAGS episodes, started playing drums at the age of two. He began touring the United States at the age of three and ended up in Hollywood, California, auditioning for Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball's popular comedy "I Love Lucy". He landed the role of Little Ricky. While attending the University of Louisiana, Keith joined a mainstream rock band, "David and the Giants" as a drummer, singer, and songwriter. He left the band several years later but after Keith became a Christian, the band regrouped under the same name and went on to become one of the nation's top contemporary Christian bands. Keith and the band toured the world, recording more than a dozen albums before he left in 1989.
- Opie's schoolteacher prior to Miss Crump was Miss Warner.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Joey Scott - Whitey
- Dennis Rush - Howie Pruitt
- Richard Keith - Johnny Paul Jason
- Ronda Jeter - schoolgirl