Up in Barney's Room (TAGS Episode)
Up in Barney's Room
- Filmed: 104
- Aired: 105
- Original Air Date: 1963/12/02
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Jeffrey Hayden
Barney is evicted from his room at Mrs. Mendelbright's boardinghouse after being caught violating her rules regarding cooking and high-wattage bulbs. With nowhere else to go, he moves in temporarily to the back room of the courthouse. When he goes back to beg for his room, he learns that Mrs. Mendlebright is about to sell her home in order to pool assets with her new boyfriend, Mr. Fields, whom she plans to marry. Something about the whole deal doesn't smell right to Barney. Andy finds out Mr. Fields is a con man, and he and Barney save Mrs. Mendelbright from financial ruin.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actress Enid Markey had a television and film career that spanned from 1911 to 1968. She would later appear in an episode of "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." as Grandma Pyle.
- Actor J. Pat O'Malley would later be a semi-regular on "My Favorite Martian", appearing in 7 apisodes.
- Two Chairs No Waiting 522: Mrs. Mendlebright - Podcast episode dealing with both Mrs. Mendlebright and Mr. Fields.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Betty Lynn - Thelma Lou
- Enid Markey - Mrs. Mendlebright
- J. Pat O'Malley - Oscar Fields