Gypsies, The (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 182
- Aired: 182
- Original Air Date: 1966/02/21
- Writer(s): Roland MacLane
- Director: Alan Rafkin
Andy runs a band of gypsies out of Mayberry, and in return they curse the town with a drought. When the curse comes true, the whole town starts to believe them. It turns out, however, that the gypsies' magic powers are only in being able to operate a shortwave radio that gives them a jump on the weather conditions.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Best known as "Cpl. Max Klinger" in the long-running tv series "M*A*S*H", Jamie Farr had the uncredited role of "Lt. Gardella" in "No Time for Sergeants", in which Andy Griffith starred.
- Actor Vito Scotti is one of those "Actors whose face is well known, but not their name". He appeared on a myriad of television shows, ranging from a 1959 episode of "Perry Mason" to a 1995 episode of "Mad About You". He was also in the 1995 movie "Get Shorty".
- Actress Argentina Brunetti's husband, Miro Brunetti, was a foreign correspondent in Hollywood, and she co-founded the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- Actress Francesca Bellini was a stage manager on various games shows and soap operas from the 1960s to the 1980s.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Hope Summers - Clara Edwards
- Vito Scotti - Mr. Murrillos
- Francesca Bellini - Sabella
- Argentina Brunetti - La Farona, Gypsy Queen
- Jamie Farr - Sylvio / Grecos
- Jason Johnson - Mr. Bluett