Case of the Punch in the Nose, The (TAGS Episode)
The Case of the Punch in the Nose
- Filmed: 152
- Aired: 152
- Original Air Date: 1965/03/15
- Writer(s): Bill Idelson and Sam Bobrick
- Director: Coby Ruskin
Barney investigates an old still-open case that involved Charley Foley charging Floyd with assault. The incident happened so long ago that nobody recalls how the whole thing began. Barney manages to refresh everyone's memory by staging a reenactment that is so close to the actual event it starts another frenzy of nose punching. Andy gets all those involved to talk out their problems, and it works. Barney discovers that the papers on the case still aren't officially closed, and he goes to the barbershop. He returns with a bloody nose.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- When Barney drives up in the squad car with the siren on, he drives in front of the barber shop. It appears that Howard McNear's stand-in is there, rather than the actor.
- Goober said he was 5 years old when the "punch" happened. That was 19 years before this episode so that would mean Goober was only 24 on this episode. In Goober the Executive Goober said he was 36...only 2 years later.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Frank Ferguson - Charlie Foley
- Larry Hovis - Gilly Walker