Bazaar, The (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 162
- Aired: 164
- Original Air Date: 1965/10/11
- Writer(s): Ben Joelson and Art Baer
- Director: Sheldon Leonard
Jack Burns debuts as Warren Ferguson and doesn't waste any time getting himself in a jam when he arrests eleven bingo-playing church ladies for gambling. Andy urges him to drop the charges, but Warren will not budge until Andy makes his point by tricking Warren into a bet. Once Warren bites, Andy nabs him for the same offense, and Warren, in turn, comes around to Andy's way of thinking.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This episode marks the first appearance of Warren Ferguson, Floyd's nephew.
- Actor Joe di Reda appeared in the Elvis movie "Love Me Tender".
- Actress Pamelyn Ferdin, a vigorous animal activist, faced up to six months in jail after being found guilty of carrying an elephant "bullhook" at an August 1999 protest of circus training methods. A bullhook is a wooden rod with a sharp hook that is jabbed into sensitive areas of the elephant to keep it fearful and manageable. She received 30 days. And she was one of many child actresses (including the late Dana Plato) to audition for the role of "Regan T. MacNeil" in The Exorcist. Linda Blair, who got the role and made it famous, was born just 12 days before Pamelyn (within the same year).
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Jack Burns - Warren Ferguson
- Hope Summers - Clara Edwards
- Amzie Strickland - Myra Tucker
- Mary Lansing - Dorothy
- Janet Stewart - Martha
- Claudia Bryar - Ruth
- Joe di Reda - Harlan
- Pam Ferdin - Corlis
- Sam Edwards - Fred