Songfesters, The (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 116
- Aired: 115
- Original Air Date: 1964/02/24
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Earl Bellamy
John Masters discovers Gomer's singing voice and decides to give him the solo in the upcoming concert instead of Barney. When Gomer realizes how important the solo is to Barney he fakes laryngitis, and just before curtain, Andy has to talk Barney into going on. Gomer's trick is discovered when, in his excitement to see Barney, he forgets himself and speaks in a full voice. As a result, Barney refuses his charity, but Andy grabs both of them as the curtain goes up and the solo becomes a trio.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actress Barbara Griffith was the wife of Andy Griffith at that time.
- Delos Jewkes was the voice of God in Cecil B. DeMille's "The Ten Commandments".
- Actress Reta Shaw, who played "Elanora Poultice", appeared earlier in the TAGS episode "Convicts At Large" as "Big Maude Tyler".
- Notice the portrait of a St. Bernard dog hanging on the living room wall of Eleanora Poultice.
- First mention of Leonard Blush as the "Masked Singer" and his being on station YLRB in Mt. Pilot.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Jim Nabors - Gomer Pyle
- Olan Soule - John Masters
- Reta Shaw - Eleanora Poultice
- Barbara Griffith - Sharon
- Delos Jewkes - Glenn Cripe
- undetermined - as Hazel