Runaway Kid (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 4
- Aired: 6
- Original Air Date: 1960/11/07
- Writer(s): Arthur Stander
- Director: Don Weis
Andy finds himself in a dilemma after teaching Opie a lesson about the importance of always keeping your word. Opie has made a sacred trust not to divulge that his new friend, George "Tex" Foley, is a runaway. Andy must grapple with violating Opie's trust or returning the boy to his family and explaining that there is always an exception to every rule.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Barney owns a car in this episode even though there is an episode entitled Barney's First Car in season 3.
- When Andy is talking to George about leaving for Texas, Andy is laying on the couch looking toward George who has the kitchen door wall behind him. Suddenly the double doors from the other side of the room are behind George when he says, "It ain't?" (time 18:33) then there's a cut and George is back where he should be. George then walks behind the couch around past the fireplace and then where the double doors are behind him from Andy's view. Andy "Too bad that ain't cowboy rations" and THEN Tex says, "It ain't?" (time 19:49) exactly the same as he had said in the shot just about one minute before. The first occurrence is also a "reversed" image of the second shot. The times are from the season one DVD.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Pat Rosson - George "Tex" Foley
- Pat Losby - Tommy
- Dennis Holmes - Steve