Mountain Wedding (TAGS Episode)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Filmed: 94
- Aired: 94
- Original Air Date: 1963/04/29
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Andy and Barney visit the Darlings to rid them of Ernest T. Bass, who has his mind set on marrying daughter Charlene. In this debut for Ernest T, Barney ends up being the bride.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- First appearance of Ernest T. Bass.
- Andy joins the Darlings in singing "Dooley" at the Darling cabin.
- To serenade Charlene Darling, Ernest T. Bass recites "Aunt Maria" accompanying himself on a can with a screw on lid.
- Ernest T. offers to sing "Eatin’ Goober Peas" a tune favored by southern Civil War soldiers, but Charlene declines.
- The Darlings sing "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" at the opening of Wedding scene.
- Actor Dub Taylor, who played the preacher in this episode, also appeared in "High Noon In Mayberry" and and "the Guitar Player". His last appearance in the series was as "Ben Beecham" in the season 8 episode "Emmett's Brother-In-Law".
- - Podcast about Mountain Wedding from a Christian point of view.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Denver Pyle - Briscoe Darling
- Margaret Ann Peterson - Charlene Darling
- The Dillards - The Darling boys
- Hoke Howell - Dudley A. Wash
- Howard Morris - Ernest T. Bass
- Dub Taylor - circuit preacher