Loaded Goat, The (TAGS Episode)
The Loaded Goat
- Filmed: 81
- Aired: 81
- Original Air Date: 1963/01/28
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Cy Hudgins brings his goat Jimmy to town for one day, and Jimmy gets himself "loaded" on a cache of dynamite. Faced with the menace of a goat who could go "blooie" at any moment, Andy and Barney have to figure a way of getting him out of town. As it turns out, music does soothe the savage beast and Barney plays his harmonica and leads him out beyond the city limits.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Bing Russell is the father of actor Kurt Russell. In 1957's "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral" about the life of lawman Wyatt Earp, Bing plays a bartender. In 1993's "Tombstone", Kurt Russell, portrays Wyatt Earp. Kurt's son with actress Goldie Hawn is named Wyatt.
- When Barney takes the cigar from the mayor's mouth and throws it on the ground it bounces and lands perfectly half on and half off the raised platform located at the entrance of the courthouse.
- Actor Parley Baer is the voice of "Ernie Keebler" on the Keebler cookies commercials.
- While there are some fine comedic performances in this episode, the premise is false. Dynamite requires some other explosive to set it off, such as a blasting cap or primacord. Simply dropping or jostling dynamite is insufficient to detonate it.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Parley Baer - Mayor Roy Stoner
- Forrest Lewis - Cy Hudgins
- Bing Russell - Mr. Burton