High Noon in Mayberry (TAGS Episode)
High Noon in Mayberry
- Filmed: 80
- Aired: 80
- Original Air Date: 1963/01/21
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Andy receives a letter from ex-con Luke Comstock, whom he sent upriver after putting a bullet in his leg. The letter says that Luke will be paying the sheriff a visit in Mayberry. Barney jumps to the conclusion that he's coming for revenge and with Gomer's and Otis' help he sets up a twenty-four hour watch on Andy. As it turns out, Comstock is coming to pay Andy a long overdue thanks for turning his life around, but not before Barney manages to get "all tied up" in his work.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Dub Taylor, who played the postman in this episode, would later appear in Episode 94, "Mountain Wedding," as the preacher who would marry Charlene and Dud Wash. He appeared earlier in the postman role, Talbot, in "The Guitar Player". His last appearance in the series was as "Ben Beecham" in the season 8 episode "Emmett's Brother-In-Law".
- Actor Leo Gordon appeared in the John Wayne movie "The Shootist" and was also in "The Garbage Pail Kids Movie".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Jim Nabors - Gomer Pyle
- Dub Taylor - Billy Ray, the postman
- Leo Gordon - Luke Comstock