Goodbye, Sheriff Taylor (TAGS Episode)
Goodbye, Sheriff Taylor
- Filmed: 137
- Aired: 137
- Original Air Date: 1964/11/23
- Writer(s): Fred Freeman and Lawrence J. Cohen
- Director: Gene Nelson
Andy leaves Barney in charge when he goes to Raleigh to interview for another job. Barney immediately starts searching for new deputies. The only guys who show up are Judd, Goober, and Otis. By the time Andy returns, the whole town has practically been turned upside down. Barney tries to cover it up, but Floyd can't mind his tongue and spills the beans.
Wanting Andy to stay, Barney creates the illusion of a crime wave. When Andy decides to stay, Barney relieves the guys of their deputy duties, and says they will receive a $5.00 check for their troubles.
- Barney: I think I've heard just about enough about that tomato!
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Andrew Duncan appeared in the movie "Slapshot'.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Burt Mustin - Judd
- Andrew Duncan - truck driver
- Janet Stewart - Mrs. Jackson