Goober the Executive (TAGS Episode)
Goober the Executive
- Filmed: 221
- Aired: 235
- Original Air Date: 1967/12/25
- Writer(s): Michael Morris and Seaman Jacobs
- Director: Lee Phillips
After working for Wally for eleven and three-quarters years, Goober buys the station and faces the problems that come with ownership. He becomes so worried and proccupied that he forgets to order gasoline. Taking advice from Opie, he makes up his mind to trust his own judgement and things fall into place.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- The role of "George", the mechanic, was played by Bo Hopkins, who would later have a major role with Ron Howard in the movie, "American Graffiti."
- Actor Sam Green was in the movie "The Natural" with Robert Redford.
- Goober had worked for Wally for 11 and three quarters years before he bought the station.
- Goober was 36 years old when he bought the station from Wally.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Paul Hartman - Emmett Clark
- George Cisar - Cyrus Tankersley
- David Ketchum - Fred Michaels
- Bo Hopkins - George
- James McCallion - Harry
- Sam Green - prospective buyer