Goober Goes to an Auto Show (TAGS Episode)
Goober Goes to an Auto Show
- Filmed: 242
- Aired: 241
- Original Air Date: 1968/02/05
- Writer(s): Joe Bonaduce
- Director: Lee Phillips
Goober meets an old friend who appears successful. Goober tells the friend lies about his own wealth, but discovers his friend has lied also about the same thing. Andy goads Goober into coming clean, but Goober thinks better of it and leaves quietly, saving his friend from embarrassment.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Don Sturdy is better known as Howard Hesseman.
- In a scene near the end of the episode, Andy and Goober stop at the gas station and Andy gets a soft drink from the machine. In the background you can see a Coors beer truck pass behind Andy on the street. The odd thing is that in the 1960's Coors beer was not available anywhere east of the Mississippi River.
- Noam Pitlick won an Emmy Award for directing for the tv show "Barney Miller".
- Actor Jack Good was born in Greenford, Middlesex, England.
- This episode is written by "The Partridge Family" cast member Danny Bonaduce's father.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Noam Pitlik - Roy Swanson
- Jack Good - auto salesman
- Patty Regan - manicurist
- Freddy Roberto - waiter
- Don Sturdy - counterboy