Floyd, the Gay Deceiver (TAGS Episode)
Floyd, the Gay Deceiver
- Filmed: 71
- Aired: 72
- Original Air Date: 1962/11/26
- Writer(s): Aaron Ruben
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Floyd finds himself in a jam when a woman he's been corresponding with writes to say that she plans on paying him a visit in Mayberry. Floyd begs Andy for help, explaining that he has deceived his Lonely Hearts Club companion by leading her to believe that he is a wealthy businessman. Andy reluctantly agrees to help Floyd but in the process discovers that Madeline Grayson isn't quite what she claims either. Floyd's poisonous pen pal is actually a con artist who travels around bilking lonely old men out of their money.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- On the date that this episode was first aired, baseball pitcher Chuck Finley was born.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Doris Dowling - Madeline Grayson