Darling Baby, The (TAGS Episode)
The Darling Baby
- Filmed: 139
- Aired: 139
- Original Air Date: 1964/12/07
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Howard Morris
The Darlings return to Mayberry searching for an appropriate husband for Charlene's newborn girl Andilina. During a social call on the Taylors, Briscoe thinks Opie is the man for the job, so he tries to railroad Andy into a contract of marriage between his son and Briscoe's granddaughter. Andy spooks Briscoe by signing the contract with a pen loaded with disappearing ink. Believing there's witchery in the Taylor bloodline, Briscoe packs up his family and heads back to the hills.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This is the only known appearance of the Andylina character.
- The Halcyon Loretta Winslow(Beasto Maristo) dialogue between Andy and Barney occurs in this episode.
- Charlene performs "There is a Time" with her brothers. Rodney and Doug Dillard wrote the song.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Denver Pyle - Briscoe Darling
- Maggie Peterson - Charlene Darling
- The Dillards - The Darling Boys
- There Is a Time
- Ebo Walker
- Stay a Little Longer