Barney Comes to Mayberry (TAGS Episode)
Barney Comes to Mayberry
- Filmed: 212
- Aired: 208
- Original Air Date: 1967/01/23
- Writer(s): Sid Morse
- Director: Lee Phillips
Barney pays a visit to Mayberry and happens to be on the same train with Teena Andrews, a local girl returning for the premiere of her new Hollywood film. When Teena's publicity man learns she used to date Barney when she was known as the homely Irene Flogg, he arranges for the former deputy to escort her to the premiere. Barney thinks he has sparked a new romance, but learns that Teena is married.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Don Knotts is credited as "Special Guest Star" before the title of the show. He received no credit at all for his previous appearance (A Visit to Barney Fife).
- There is a continuity error in this episode. When Andy picks up Barney at the train station, it is broad daylight, but as the two are walking away, it is suddenly night.
- Andy helped Tina with her homework when she was younger.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Diahn Williams - Teena Andrews
- Chet Stratton - Harold Carson
- Christine Burke - Harriet
- Luana Anders - Miss Clark
- Ollie O'Toole - Man on Train
- Mary Lou Taylor - woman
- Patty Regan - Renee
- Steve Dunne - announcer