Bargain Day (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 120
- Aired: 119
- Original Air Date: 1964/03/23
- Writer(s): John Whedon
- Director: Jeffrey Hayden
Diamond Jim's, a new butcher shop, opens and Bee heads there hunting for a bargain. She walks out with a side of beef to put in her last "bargain" purchase-a freezer that she discovers doesn't work. Now stuck with a freezor full of thawing beef she must return to Foley for help, but even though Foley offers to store the contraband, Andy won't allow it and instead buys a brand-new freezer.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- When Aunt Bee is pulling the wagon of meat to Foley's, she makes a right turn across the street from the courthouse. That would take her in the opposite direction of Foley's. Earlier in the episode, Foley's is clearly on the same side of the same block as the courthouse.
- The dogs that follow Aunt Bee's wagon of beef are recognizable. Five of the eight are obviuosly Clint Biggers' mutts, the same ones in the Dogs, Dogs, Dogs, episode. Mayberry needs to pass a "leash law".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Jim Nabors - Gomer Pyle
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Hope Summers - Clara Johnson
- Frank Ferguson - Charlie Foley