Aunt Bee Learns to Drive (TAGS Episode)
Aunt Bee Learns to Drive
- Filmed: 180
- Aired: 180
- Original Air Date: 1966/02/07
- Writer(s): Jack Elinson
- Director: Lee Phillips
Aunt Bee becomes "Miss Independent Wheels" when she buys a car from Goober and then must learn to drive. She breaks her promise to Andy not to drive on her learner's permit without a licensed driver accompanying her and backs into a tree. Lighting strikes twice when Andy comes home and accidently bumps into Bee's car, causing him to think he's the one who dented it.
Odd Facts Known By Few
- A male stand-in was reportedly used for Frances Bavier in the driving lesson scenes.
- There are a couple of continuity errors in this episode. When Aunt Bee backs into Lowell's truck, her bonnet is tied. It's untied only a second or two before, though. And the street in front of the Taylor's home is alternately dry, then muddy.
- A question was raised about the type of car that Aunt Bee bought in this episode. These photos may help someone identify the auto. And, in reference to the above about a stand-in driver, if you had any doubt just check the photo.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Raymond Kark - Lowell the tree-trimmer