Andy Forecloses (TAGS Episode)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Filmed: 28
- Aired: 28
- Original Air Date: 1961/04/24
- Writer(s): Ben Gershman and Leo Solomon
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Ben Weaver is up to his Scrooge-like tactics again; this time he is out to evict the Scoby family from their home. He is foiled by some of Andy's patented reverse psychology.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Just a minute or two into the episode is the first mention of Juanita Beasley, the new waitress at the Junction Cafe who Barney sees from time to time in later episodes.
- Sam Edwards, Margaret Kerry, and Joy Ellison played three of the four members of the Muggins family in an earlier episode, No. 11, The Christmas Story.
- In an effort to keep the Scoby's from being evicted, Barney starts the "Save the Scoby House" fund by taking money out of his holster, his sock, and his hat.
Quotes to Remember
- At the rummage sale - Customer: "Uh, how much is this?" Andy: "Oh, 'bout three dollars." Customer: "What you suppose it is?" Andy: "If I knew that it'd cost you five." Customer: "Sounds like a bargain." Andy: "Heh, yeah...yeah, one of these is nice to have." Customer: "I always wanted one." Andy: "Yeah."
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Hope Summers - Bertha
- Sam Edwards - Lester Scoby
- Margaret Kerry - Helen Scoby
- Joy Ellison - Mary Scoby
- Will Wright - Ben Weaver
- Bob McQuain - Bill
- Jack Prince - rummage sale customer