Wedding, The (TAGS Episode)
From Mayberry Historical Society
(Redirected from The Wedding (TAGS Episode))
- Filmed: 246
- Aired: 245
- Original Air Date: 1968/03/04
- Writer(s): Joe Bonaduce
- Director: Lee Phillips
Howard is finally free when his domineering mother remarries. Left with the house, Howard goes wild, turning it into a swinging bachelor pad. He throws a party, but only Goober, Emmett, Andy, and Helen attend.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- In 1958, actor Iggie Wolfington created the role of Marcellus Washburn, the accomplice and best friend of Harold Hill in original production of "The Music Man." He was nominated for a Best Supporting or Featured Actor (Musical) Tony Award for his performance.
- Actress Teri Garr was the winner on a celebrity edition of "Weakest Link". She continues to work despite the fact that she is battling multiple sclerosis, first diagnosed in 1983.
- Mabel Albertson went on to play another overbearing tv mom to "Darrin Stevens'" character on "Bewitched".
- This episode is written by "The Partridge Family" cast member Danny Bonaduce's father.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Paul Hartman - Emmett Clark
- Jack Dodson - Howard Sprague
- Aneta Corsaut - Helen Crump
- Mabel Albertson - Mrs. Sprague
- Iggie Wolfington - George Watkins
- Terri Garr - filling station customer