Cow Thief, The (TAGS Episode)
The Cow Thief
- Filmed: 70
- Aired: 68
- Original Air Date: 1962/10/29
- Writer(s): Ray Saffian Allen and Harvey Bullock
- Director: Bob Sweeney
Andy's law-enforcement practices come into question when a local farmer complains of missing milk cows. Mayor Stoner goes over Andy's head and calls in "an interloper" from the state office to take over the investigation. Andy manages to save the day by capturing the thief without the help of the outsider. Andy discovers that the thefts were being covered up by putting shoes on the cows.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Parley Baer was the voice of "Ernie Keebler" on the Keebler cookies commercials until a 1997 stroke caused his speech to become slurred. Old-time radio fans will recognize his voice on many broadcasts from the late 1940's and 1950's.
- Actor Malcolm Atterbury was in the classic movie "The Birds".
- Actor Ralph Bell had a very successful voice-over actor and announcer career.
- Luke Jensen's dog is named Mack.
- Jon Lormer made three appearances on The Andy Griffith Show as three different characters. He did the same on the original Star Trek.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Parley Baer - Mayor Roy Stoner
- Jon Lormer - Tate Fletcher
- Malcolm Atterbury - Luke Jensen
- Ralph Bell - William Upchurch