Malcolm at the Crossroads (TAGS Episode)
Malcolm at the Crossroads
- Filmed: 164
- Aired: 162
- Original Air Date: 1965/09/27
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Gary Nelson
Bernard Fox makes his third and final appearance as Malcolm Merriweather when he takes the job of crossing guard from Ernest T. Bass, also in his final appearance. E.T. vows revenge and challenges Malcolm to a fight. Knowing Malcolm won't stand a chance, Goober tries to teach him how to fight. Just when it looks like curtains, Andy tricks Ernest T. by mentioning Malcolm is part Irish, and Ernest T., part Irish himself, takes his new friend to his bosom, patching up the whole mess.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- This was the last episode in which Howard Morris appeared as Ernest T. Bass.
- Actor Bernard Fox was in both the 1997 movie "Titanic" and the earlier version of the tragedy, 1958's "A Night to Remember". In the latter, he actually got to deliver the immortal line, "Iceberg ahead, sir!". He also appeared as Dr. Bombay (a witch doctor) on "Bewitched", repeated the role on the sequel "Tabitha", and again on "Passions".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Bernard Fox - Malcolm Merriweather
- Howard Morris - Ernest T. Bass
- Dennis Bradshaw - Johnny
- Kenneth Butts - Arnie