If I Had a Quarter-Million (TAGS Episode)
If I Had a Quarter-Million
- Filmed: 149
- Aired: 149
- Original Air Date: 1965/02/15
- Writer(s): Bob Ross
- Director: Alan Rafkin
While chasing off a hobo, Barney stumbles over a briefcase loaded with $250,000 in cash. When he and Andy find the money is from a bank robbery, Barney goes undercover to catch the thief. Barney openly flashes the money around town as a lure for the crook. Unfortunately, the crook tricks Barney into believing he is an FBI agent on the same case and manages to get the money back during a stakeout. Andy arrives in time with the real federal agent and captures the criminal.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Actor Hank Patterson was born in Springville, Alabama and was the great uncle of actress Tea Leoni.
- Actor Robert Brubaker was the only actor to play two re-occurring roles on Gunsmoke television series. He was the stagecoach driver Jim Buck in the first few seasons of the show, and portrayed Floyd the bartender (replacing Glenn Strange's character of Sam after Strange died) in the final season of the series.
- According to the book "Barney Fife and Other Characters I've Known", Don Knott's states he and Al Checco were very good friends for many years. After TAGS, Al and Don did many theatre engagements around the country.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Robert Brubaker - Frank Brewster
- Al Checco - Hennessey
- Byron Foulger - Fred, the hotel clerk
- Hank Patterson - Hobo
- Alfred Hopson - Farmer