Citizen's Arrest (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 106
- Aired: 106
- Original Air Date: 1963/12/16
- Writer(s): Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum
- Director: Dick Crenna
Barney resigns and spends five days in jail after Gomer turns the tables and places him under citizen's arrest for a u-turn violation. Once Gomer finds out how serious the matter has become, he reports a fictitious robbery at the filling station in hopes of pressing Barney back into service.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- According to details in this episode, the events of it took place on Wednesday, September 11, 1963.
- When Barney pulls Gomer over for making an illegal u-turn and gets out of the squad car (time 4:11), the light on the car is turned off. The long conversation with Gomer about u-turns goes along with the crowd watching until Barney finishes lecturing Gomer and returns to the squad car (time 6:40) and we see that the beacon is on. Times are from the season four DVD.
- This episode opens with Andy and Barney rummaging through some old files. Shortly, Andy discovers the record of the first pistol he issued Barney the day he swore him in as Deputy. It was dated August, 1953. "10 years ago last month since I swore you in," said Andy. Interestingly, 23 episodes later, in episode 129 "Barney's Physical," they celebrate Barney's 5th anniversary with the Sheriff's office.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Jim Nabors - Gomer Pyle
- Hal Smith - Otis Campbell
- Roy Engel - crowd member
- Joe Hamilton - crowd member