Cannon, The (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 172
- Aired: 170
- Original Air Date: 1965/11/22
- Writer(s): Jack Elinson
- Director: Alan Rafkin
It's Founder's Day again, and this time Mayberry plays host to a mobile museum that becomes the target of thieves. Just as the crooks are about to make their getaway, their escape is thwarted by Warren when he manages to get the old ornamental cannon working and blasts the crooks' station wagon.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- The cannon that is hauled away and returned to the city as a gift in the epilogue of The Horse Trader plays an important role in this episode. The most likely reason being that writer Jack Elinson wrote both episodes.
- Actor Vaughn Taylor played the part of "George Lowry", Janet Leigh's boss, in the movie "Psycho".
- Actor Robert Karnes was in the movies "Tora, Tora, Tora!" and "From Here To Eternity".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Jack Burns - Warren Ferguson
- George Lindsey - Goober Pyle
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Justin Smith - John
- Byron Foulger - Harry Bosworth
- Vaughn Taylor - Frank Chase
- J. Edward McKinley - Gov. George C. Handley
- Sally Mansfield - Stella
- Robert Karnes - Jack
- Douglas McCairn - driver
- undetermined - Sharon Dobbins (Potato Queen)