Barney's Bloodhound (TAGS Episode)
- Filmed: 128
- Aired: 133
- Original Air Date: 1964/10/26
- Writer(s): Bill Idelson and Sam Bobrick
- Director: Howard Morris
Barney's latest addition to the force is Blue, a stray dog he attempts to train as a crime-fighting bloodhound. The whole scheme backfires when Barney leads Blue to a criminal and the dog likes the lawbreaker better than the law enforcer. Blue comes through eventually, but only by accident. Blue hates the sound of the dog whistle, so Andy tricks the convict into blowing it and Blue attacks the escapee. Andy and Barney are able to nab their man.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- "Leonard Blush" and the radio announcer are voiced by Howard Morris, most famous for his role of "Ernest T. Bass".
- Actor Arthur Batanides was an uncredited extra in "The Ten Commandments" and "Spartacus".
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Don Knotts - Barney Fife
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson
- Arthur Batanides - Ralph Neal
- James Seay - 1st trooper
- Brad Trumbull - 2nd trooper
- Howard Morris - voice of Leonard Blush