Aunt Bee's Romance (TAGS Episode)
Aunt Bee's Romance
- Filmed: 130
- Aired: 132
- Original Air Date: 1964/10/19
- Writer(s): Harvey Bullock
- Director: Howard Morris
Aunt Bee gets a letter from her old beau, Roger Hanover, who informs her he will be passing through Mayberry and plans on paying her a visit. Bee is excited, but Andy and Opie soon become annoyed at Roger's bad jokes and gags. The real reason for Roger's visit is revealed when Roger hints to Andy that if he doesn't fork over $400, he just might have himself a new uncle. Andy calls his bluff, and Roger backs off, packs his bags, and hits the road.
Odd Facts Known by Few
- Born Samuel Jones Grundy, actor Wallace Ford was born in Bolton, Lancashire, England and his childhood rivaled the brutality that Charles Dickens dreamed up. He lived for a while in an orphanage after being separated from his parents. While still young, he was sent to a Toronto branch of the orphanage. There, he began a cycle that involved living in 17 foster homes - the longest being with a farm family that treated him like a slave. At age 11, he ran away and joined a vaudeville troupe called the Winnepeg Kiddies, with whom he stayed until 1914. He then joined a friend named Wallace Ford and the two "hoboed" their way into the United States. After the friend was crushed to death by a railroad car, he took the name Wallace Ford in his memory.
- Andy Griffith - Andy Taylor
- Ronny Howard - Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier - Aunt Bee Taylor
- Wallace Ford - Roger Hanover
- Howard McNear - Floyd Lawson